The Accounting Clerk processes accounts payable or accounts receivable invoices, verifying accuracy of amounts due using Microsoft office spreadsheets and accounting software, prepares and analyzes reports and maintains vendor and customer files. This position is a seasonal position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Process accounts payable or accounts receivable in a timely, accurate and systematic manner, verifying accuracy by reviewing related manifests and tour documentation.
- Prepare accurate and timely accounting reports.
- Maintain strong working relationships with vendors or customers, able to effectively communicate regarding invoicing and payments.
- Work effectively in a fast paced environment with all departments in the organization.
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned
Candidates for the Accounting Clerk position must meet the following criteria in order to be considered as an applicant:
- Be a US citizen or show proof of eligibility to work in the US
- Possess basic accounting knowledge and good data entry skills
- Familiar with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Be detail oriented and possess good analytical and communication skills
- Able to work for the season, May through October with overtime as required. Flexible schedules available.