Rail Administration Clerk
Our Rail Operations Department consists of four private two-story dome rail cars known as the "Wilderness Express". We operate on the Denali Star Route attached to the Alaska Railroad locomotives and passenger cars traveling 350 miles between Anchorage and Fairbanks during the summer season (May-September). Our goal is to provide our guests with a first-class service while they travel on their own scenic rail adventure through The Last Frontier. We are looking for hard-working, positive, and reliable applicants to join our team for the 2017 summer season!
The Rail Administration Clerk assists with all areas of our rail operations both on and off the rail cars. The primary role of this position is to track and update important information regarding employee files, payroll, financial documentation, on-board sales reports, product inventory as well as a variety of other reports. This position also includes daily office tasks such as answering phones, filing invoices, receiving/shipping items, maintaining office supplies, and other duties as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Organize and verify employee records and certifications
- Verify employee hours and payroll reports
- Reconcile and verify on-board sales/tips
- Process financial information and create/manage reports for analysis throughout season
- Track retail orders, including assembly and shipping
- Assist with management of inventory and ordering of supplies
- Function as Manager on Duty when necessary
- Perform other duties as assigned
Candidates for the Rail Administration Clerk position must meet the following criteria in order to be considered as an applicant:
- Minimum age requirement: 21 years old
- Available for a full season (Beginning of May to Mid-September)
- Be a U.S. citizen or show proof of eligibility to work in the U.S
- Strong experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and Publisher
- Proficient accounting skills with strict attention to accuracy
- Ability to work independently and remain detail-oriented
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize tasks.