Our Rail Operations Department consists of four private two-story dome rail cars known as the "Wilderness Express". We operate on the Denali Star Route attached to the Alaska Railroad locomotives and passenger cars traveling 350 miles between Anchorage and Fairbanks during the summer season (May-September). Our goal is to provide our guests with a first-class service while they travel on their own scenic rail adventure through The Last Frontier. We are looking for hard-working, positive, and reliable applicants to join our team for the 2017 summer season!
The Wilderness Express operates during the summer 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Our Rail Support team works OVERNIGHT in Anchorage at the Wilderness Express rail yard and are responsible for stocking all food, beverage, and retail supplies as well as cleaning the exterior of each rail car. This position is a full time position (5 nights a week/40 hours total) with a rotating schedule so applicants must be available to work both weeknights as well as weekends. The responsibilities of the Rail Support team are physically demanding and all applicants should be prepared to work in all weather conditions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Exterior cleaning of rail cars using brushes, hoses, and window squeegees (this includes operation of the manlift to access second floor dome windows)
- Assess on-board inventory including all food, beverage, linens, retail, and cleaning supplies to maintain standard levels for operation
- Restock needed supplies on-board while rotating items for proper use
- Remove garbage, discarded glass items, and dirty linens from each car EVERY night
- Participate in detail cleaning of Wilderness Express office and company vehicles when assigned
Candidates for Rail Support position must meet the following criteria in order to be considered as an applicant:
- 18 years of age prior to beginning of season, preferred applicant to be at least 21 years old
- Be a U.S. citizen or show proof of eligibility to work in the U.S
- Must be able to work the NIGHT SHIFT throughout the FULL Season
- Be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs
- Punctual and reliable employees that show up for all scheduled shifts
- Flexible to work as a team while completing individual tasks.