This position will report to the Director of Sales. The Sales Manager will service our clients by managing leads and generating proposals for travel packages and managing the booking from start to finish.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Primary responsibilities of the Sales Manager include but are not limited to:
- Completing all aspects of the sales process for group and independent travelers- receiving and managing leads, qualifying clients, preparing quotes/proposals, following up to complete the sale.
- Learning/becoming an expert on all areas where Premier Alaska Tours operates. Researching new products and services as needed.
- Preparing costings and proposals for clients considering an itinerary.
- Working with the Operations department on file turnovers once trip is sold while maintaining responsibility for all costs.
- Communicating with clients (qualifying, follow ups, answering questions, etc.) and maintaining "account/manager" relationship with the client throughout the booking and operations process.
- Assisting with marketing related tasks when required.
- Representing Premier Alaska Tours at industry functions.
- Other duties as required by Premier Alaska Tours and DOS.
Sales Manager must meet the following criteria in order to be considered as an applicant:
- At least two years of previous relevant sales experience in the travel industry (preferably inbound tour operator, wholesaler or DMC experience, hotel sales also acceptable.)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Internet, PowerPoint, Publisher, and email applications.
- Product knowledge of Alaskan hotels, reports, wilderness lodges, and travel services is strongly preferred.
- Good problem solving skills and the ability to think creatively.
- Fluency in the English language (written & spoken).
- Ability to multitask at a fast pace.
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.
- Excellent attention to detail and a passion for delivering to the highest service standard.
- Be a U.S. Citizen or able to provide verification of authorization to work in the U.S.
- Successful Candidate may be required to pass a comprehensive civil, criminal, educational and/or credit background check.