This position will report to the Director of Sales. The Sales Coordinator will take reservations for tours and manage the reservations from initial booking to follow up with client upon completion of the tour.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Primary responsibilities of the Sales Coordinator include but are not limited to:
- Completing all aspects of the sales process for client - receiving, confirming, and managing the reservation. Including, working with accounting to invoice client, working with logistics on new bookings, changes, etc and on proofing and sending tour documentations, all the while keeping in touch with client.
- Learning/becoming an expert on all areas where Premier Alaska Tours operates. Researching new products and services as needed.
- Communicating with clients (qualifying, follow ups, answering questions, etc.) and maintaining "account/manager" relationship with the client throughout the booking and operations process.
- Assisting with marketing related tasks when required.
- Other duties as required by Premier Alaska Tours and DOS.
Sales Representative must meet the following criteria in order to be considered as an applicant:
- At least two years of previous relevant sales experience in the travel industry (preferably inbound tour operator, wholesaler or DMC experience, hotel sales also acceptable.)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Internet, PowerPoint, Publisher, and email applications.
- Product knowledge of Alaskan hotels, reports, wilderness lodges, and travel services is strongly preferred.
- Good problem solving skills and the ability to think creatively.
- Fluency in the English language (written & spoken).
- Ability to multitask at a fast pace.
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.
- Excellent attention to detail and a passion for delivering to the highest service standard.
- Be a U.S. Citizen or able to provide verification of authorization to work in the U.S.
- Successful Candidate may be required to pass a comprehensive civil, criminal, educational and/or credit background check.