Position Summary – Property Manager
The Healy / Otto Lake Manager oversees the successful execution of all events and presentations scheduled at the Otto Lake Presentation Building as well as manages the employee housing property in Healy.
Primary/Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Manages all events throughout the summer at the Otto Lake Presentation Building and works with the Anchorage Logistics team to manage the schedule from May-September.
- Creates and maintains schedules of events and requests for use of facility while ensuring events are within time limits.
- Coordinates with Tour Directors and Drivers to confirm arrival times and needs & discuss any changes.
- Works with the Presentation expert on timing and needs.
- Coordinates setup of reception food, equipment and supplies as well as execution and clean-up of events.
- Attends and monitors all events and activities in group space.
- Assists in hiring and manages Employee Housing property and housekeepers.
- Maintains inventory and coordinates ordering of supplies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Reports to Denali Operations Manager.
Otto Lake/Healy Manager must meet the following criteria in order to be considered as an applicant:
- A US citizen or can provide verification of authorization to work in the US.
- 21 years of age at start of employment
- Must be available to work from mid-April through mid-September.
- Must be available to work early morning, late evening and/or weekend shifts.
- Must provide a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record that meets PAT standards. Will need to complete van training program.
- Will need to get TAPS certified and secure a Food Handlers Card (Certifications TBD – to be discussed after employment).
- Computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office programs is necessary.
- Preferred to have skills in working with a variety of technology and A/V equipment.
- Maintain a professional, flexible, can-do level of service.
- Must have excellent guest service skills with the ability to communicate effectively.
- Must be able to work with a variety of guests from numerous different countries and cultures.
- Ability to respond and provide solutions for inquiries or complaints.
- Ability to work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions as well as stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to walk up and down stairs and uneven surfaces, bend, stoop, squat, and kneel.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Able to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to jump in and perform tasks beyond the job description (ie. Willing to clean rooms when needed! Fix an issue with employees as they arise)